The Marks of a Mature Christian
The Book of James
Generally considered by the earliest book in the New Testament era, the Book of James is also one of the most practical books.
According to James, genuine faith should make a genuine difference in the way a person lives. In other words, one’s creed should determine his conduct. One’s belief should determine his behavior. And that is of the utmost importance because all behavior is based upon belief.
In the Book of James, James gives practical insights about what to do:
- When you’re feeling pressured
- When wrong seems right
- When you don’t know what decision to make
- When faith doesn’t seem to work
- When you’re not feeling confident
- When your goals are not God’s
- When you’re in a hurry and God is not
- When you have financial struggles
- When you face difficult times
As we preach through the Book of James, our key theme will be “Spiritual Maturity”. We will be highlighting “The Marks of the Mature Christian”, which will be Macedonia’s theme for the year 2020.
The Marks of the Mature Christian will be outlined as follows:
- He is Patient in Testing – Chapter One
- He Practices the Truth – Chapter 2
- He Has Power over His Tongue – Chapter 3
- He is a Peacemaker, Not a Trouble Maker – Chapter 4
- He is Prayerful in Troubles – Chapter 5
Please join us on Sunday mornings at 11:00 a.m. as we read and preach through the Book of James and receive strength from God’s Word to meet the challenges we face as Christians. James, the brother of our Lord, learned that the road of spiritual wisdom always leads to joy.
Let’s join James on this Christian journey and live out our faith by our works.